Question

garth again!!!!!!!!!!

Garth has now decided he can no longer live with us .. apparently he is treated badly and his stepfather doesnt care for him.... so he trots of to child welfare ... to obtain their permission to move in with friends of his!! tha lady at child welfare is no twit of course .. and she also has genuine cases of child abuse to deal with , and is in no mood to sit with a 17 yr old's tantrums.

Garth doesnt seem to understand a few of lifes little problems very easily .

We helped him with a motorbike that he buggered up , and he expects his stepfather to fix it .. now my hubby is the type that believes that a little hard labour never hurt any teen and that he must learn to fix it himself , BUT he will help ...To garth this is unacceptable ... because he never caused any damage .

Now besides this we have had rain for 7 weeks now , hubs works for a company that does delivery all over limpopo province .... now because so few roads out here are tarred the entire fleet gets stuck in the mud on a daily basis .. so my poor hubby gets home on average at 11pm , wet and exhausted ..i must point out that 90% of his labours go to his step children!!!

hubs is not inclined under these circumstances to fix a motorbike or put up with a teenagers tripe ......so he told him to move out.

so now im sitting with two males .... neither who want to budge ... Garth wants me to make these friends of his his legal gaurdians ... i refuse .. these people are offering Garth an opportunity to run away from his problems. And one thing he is going to have to learn is to deal with life !!!!

So what I have done is write a letter saying that Garth may stay with them temporarily until he has sorted out his head space !!! without his bike .. because we are still paying for it .... now he wants to take me to court for his bike .....!!!!! dont you just love teenagers?

Should i leave him there or force him to come home ... im more worried about my poor husband at this stage .. the man is exhausted and all he is getting is attitude .

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH

Dear Carol,
With someone behaving as adorably as Garth is at present, letting him say with these friends may be an ideal way to convince them that he's not quite the angel he may have led them to believe --- I do hope he isn't washing himself more often while staying with them ? Maybe you could send round some of his dirty washing, to be done. Maybe he can get his new friends to fix the bike ( they probably wouldn't welcome the proposal ).
Thank God he ran into a sensible person at child welfare. Maybe she can also explain to him that our wonderful constitution does not yet guarantee a free motorbike ( with lifetime free repairs by one's parents ) to every child. I seem to remember that he previous has tried to launch similarly daft law suits, or am I mistaken ? If he dared to try this ridiculous one, I'd think you'd have an excellent chance of success in petitioning the COurt to have him declared a "vexatious litigant", in other words to be official recognized as someone who abuses the legal system with stupid complaints, and who is this forbidden to bring ANY legal action without special prior consent from a judge !
I wonder whether somewhere along the line he didn't learn, without realizing it, that his brother seemed to get more attention by behaving really badly that he did by behaving well ?
Look after yourself and your husband, and let this prolonged infantile tantrum die out of its own accord. Maybe look into Volcano's suggestion of selling the bike --- it's of no use to you, and if he isn't interested in paying for it or fixing it, let him walk.