Question

2h ago

Gas

My problem is so embarresing and uncomfortable! Every day I am bloated. I burp after everything I put in my mouth, whether I drink a sip of water or eat anything, a moment later I will burp.
I have been for a colonoscopy and gastroscopy and both results were normal. I had a scan of the small intestine and it was normal.
I find the following foods make my condition worse - yeast, onion, cucumber, apples. But everything I eat causes me to burp and pass gas (below) and swell up. I have taken a course of Flagyl antibiotics as well with no change in the symptoms. I take a probiotic everyday. My bloating is so bad people have asked me if I am pregnant (which I am not). Its been going on for about 3 years now. I am desperate!
I am 36 year old female and otherwise healthy. I tried eliminating things from my diet but that was very unhealthy as I was hardly eating anything and ended up losing 16kgs very quickly with no change in my symptoms. I am about 5-8kgs overweight, I am not fat. What can I do? with the foods I have listed, is there a name for sensitivity to them?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!
PS Also meant to ask is it dangerous to take charcoal tablets too frequently? I heard these can help reduce bloating..

Dear Mary
Charcoal tablets are fine to use and won’t do harm. Try using Pancreoflat 3 times a day with meals. Keep using your probiotic. See this website for a special diet : http://www.gicare.com/pated/edtgs12.htm