Question

Gas pains

I am a 26 year old female. Just two weeks ago I suffered from a gastric flu, which did not totally clear up. Hence, I had to visit the doctor after a few days, and he gave me a course of anti-biotics. This helped. However, last Friday I had some pains in my abdomen and I thought that it resembled the bladder infection pain and I had some discharge. However the pain seem to subside in the evening. This lasted for two days and now since the weekend I have a bout of gas. Soon after I eat, I get pains and feel discomfort. If I touch my waistline, I can feel the pain. Not really sure what to do? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx in advance

Diana, if it hasn’t cleared up by the time you receive this reply, you can try an antispasmodic like Buscopan® for a day or so. If that doesn’t take it away you will have to see your doctor. Good luck.