Question

Gastric Bypass Surgery
Hi there doc, I was just wondering about this operation and if it is really worth it. I am morbidly obese, suffer from high blood pressure and cholestrol, started sleeping badly lately too.
I also just wanted to know if any of the medical aids were paying for this surgery yet?

Dear Jana
I am not sure which medical aids pay for gastric bypass surgery and I would reckon it depends on the medical aid you belong to, so do contact them and ask because your morbid obesity is a direct threat to your health. For more information about such operations, contact the Bariatric Centres of Excellence in regard to having a gastric bypass to assist weightloss. You can contact Jana Derksen at the Call Centre for the Netcare Bariatric Centres of Excellence on 0861-623-7489 or contact her at: jana@pharmacallcc.com or call her on her cell phone at: 072-373-0155 or visit their Website at www.netcare.co.za to discuss this option if you have a great deal of weight to lose.