Ask an expert

19 Mar 2007

Gel like sperm
Hi Doc, my husband noticed a few weeks ago that he has 'gel-like' pieces in his sperm. It seems as if some pieces have solidified into a jelly form (this is the only way I can describe it). Please can you advise what is causing this and if it will have any affect on his fertility (we have a little girl aged 9 months and i fell pregnant through AI - at the time there was nothing medically wrong with either of us and his sperm test results were perfect). Also, is there anything he can do to rectify the problem?

Thank you.
Answer 942 views
Fertility expert
fertility expert

01 Jan 0001

Dear Lynn

I am unable to give an answer to this question without a full examination of the sperm. It is advisabke for your husband to consult a urologist.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9323 votes
67% - 18743 votes