Question

Gel like sperm
Hi Doc, my husband noticed a few weeks ago that he has 'gel-like' pieces in his sperm. It seems as if some pieces have solidified into a jelly form (this is the only way I can describe it). Please can you advise what is causing this and if it will have any affect on his fertility (we have a little girl aged 9 months and i fell pregnant through AI - at the time there was nothing medically wrong with either of us and his sperm test results were perfect). Also, is there anything he can do to rectify the problem?

Thank you.
fertility expert

Dear Lynn

I am unable to give an answer to this question without a full examination of the sperm. It is advisabke for your husband to consult a urologist.