Ask an expert

14 Aug 2007

Genital sti?
Dear Doc, this is very personal and I will be very honest.
When I was 9 I discovered masturbation, as a curious male, It was a rather regular thing. At the age of about 11 I noticed "pimple" like bumps forming on my genital area, and they have covered a large area since then, I am now 20. I don't think its sexually transmitted because I have had sex and doesn't seem to spread. I thought it was genital herpes but, they do not itch at all or cause any discomfort.And they aren't pimples. It looks like all of them are situated on the pores and where pubic hair is. Is there anything I can use to clear this?
Thank you.
Answer 401 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Needing help&worried
This is probably normal.
If you are really worried - just let your GP double check but the skin of the penis do have small glands and pearly like nodules that can be totally normal.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9322 votes
67% - 18697 votes