Question

Genital warts
Doc,

I decided to go to see my doctor who advised that I had a few genital warts which he froze with liquid nitrogen. Would this be a good treatment to get rid of the warts. He also advised that there was no need to use any creams. Would the liquid nitrogen prevent the warts from returning or is there another treatment which would prevent the warts from returning.

Ronan

Ronan, it’s very difficult to prevent the warts from returning as you have to make sure you kill every single virus in the skin. If they do return, you can try a cream like Aldara® that stimulates an immune response that will kill all the viruses. If you’re interested in a copy of something I wrote on the subject, you can mail me at CyberDoc@mweb.co.za. Good luck.