Question

gi diet
I am following the low GI diet, bought the starter pack, and a GI recipe book. In the recipe book, after every recipe, they will give a breakdown of how many proteiens, fat, etc the specific meal consists of. The problem is that they do not say what the daily allowance is, in other words, I don't know when my daily allowance of proteien or dairy has been used up.
Could you be of assistance?

Rouxlene

Dear Rouxlene
I am not sure which GI diet you are following?? If you are using the book published by Gaby Steenkamp, it should specify how many portions of fruit and vegetables (usually 5 a day), grains and cereals (8 or more a day), milk and dairy products (2-3 cups), protein (3 x 30 g servings), fat (30g per day) you need to eat. If you are using a commercial diet which you seem to have had to pay for, then you need to contact the agents (there should be a contact telephone number) on this starter pack you purchased.