Question

GIFT
I am currently undergoing a GIFT procedure. The doctor has given me a 40% chance of success. Why is this so and is there anyway to increase this chance.
FYI...I have 1 perfect tube, the other was removed in an ectopic. I have no other issues. My husband has a 40 million sperm count with 80% survival but 8% normality.

The success rate with IVF is in the region of 30 - 40%. This is because it is an "artificial" process and it is impossible to mimic all the hundreds of fine tuned events that occur with natural conception. There is no way of increasing the success rate above this.