Question

Gluten-free diet
Good day, My mother is 50years old and has been diagnosed with Chrons Disease about 20years ago. She has a permanent Colostomy bag, reason being that most of her colon and intestines had to be surgical removed due to the Chrons that was spreading so rapidly. She battles frequantly with UTI, dehidration and Pelvic Inflammotary Disease. She sees a uroligist on a regular basis and he has prescibed her a range of inta flora meds to take. She loves drinking water and the last time she went to see the uroligist with a major UTI, he has suggested that she should try a Gluton-free diet for at least 2 weeks to see if it wont help. I have search everywere to see if I cant get some more info about this diet, but was not successfull in my search. Please if some one can sent me some more info on this special dieet, it will be highly appreciated. With Thanks Lizel
Probiotics expert
Probiotics expert

Hi Lizel
I suggest you send the same message to the DIETDOC on the Health 24 site, she will be able to help you with regard to a Gluten-free diet..
Since you are at the probiotic site however, you may want to get your Mom to try a probiotic called Reuteri – available at most pharmacies and the dose is only 1 a day (nice tasting chew tablets). It will help with re-building her gut flora and potentially also reduce the recurrence of UTI’s if taken daily.