Question

Gluten & Yeast free diet
Hi Doc, I excercise 3-5 times a week (cycling inc.) I was diagnosed with excl. gluten, acid & wind building food (tomatoes,cucumber, onion as well as 2 fruit 2x a week.) I try to follow a fairly good eating pattern, but have a problem to balance to be able to have the necessary intake of all. I use IMSYSER at present. Know I was also diagnosed with yeast and suddenly I have a bit of cholestral and blood pressure is higher, BMI is high Glucose is hig and wasit circumference to big and weight does not want to come a little down. I dont eat junk food at all and sweets not often, occasionally dark choc and corn chips. please help as I am very despondant about this and I am trying my best to keep a healthy lifesstyle. I am very set on being in control of this.

Dear Rachel
Because of your multiple conditions I would recommend that you consult a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area). The dietitian will have to work out a diet for you that takes all these conditions like the gluten and yeast allergies, the cholesterol, high bp and high glucose, and your need to lose weight into account - this is not something I can do for you over the Internet.
Keep up the good work with the exercise