Question

Goooood Morning one and all!
Hows everyone? Hell - wish we knew a bit about how CS is coming along. H24 - any chance of a bit of feed back?

Thanks for providing such an excellent opportunity for me to comment on my plans for a gentle return !
Here's a brief bulletin. I have found my new surgeon FAR more satisfactory than the previous one. Disappointing start, though, when he sent me to have a CAT scan of my arm prior to surgery, only to realize after I'd had to pay R 5,500 for a useless set of pictures, that both he and the radiologist had overlooked that the whole point of the issue was that I had hardware in my software, namely a large metal plate and screws in my arm --- and those foul up any CAT scan and render it pointless. And, apparently, no refunds, even if they made the mistake !
Anyhow, surgery was urgently needed, and I gather the plate and screws were found to be loose, and awash in a nasty infection round the bone, which of course always risks one ultimately having to lose the arm..
There was a very serious risk, too, that in this surgery the radial nerve could be cut ( as it would be mixed up in many adhesions and scar tissue and might be impossible to identify ) leading to wrist drop ( being unable to raise the left wrist into a proper typing position and other muscle weakness or loss ). SO as soon as I regained consciousness, my surgeon was there to ask me to raise my wrist, and spread my fingers, and fortunately it was working fine. Some patches of anaesthesia on the thumb and forearm, but these may well fade out eventually.
On high dose antibiotics in hospital for some days, then home on very high dose antibiotics by mouth for 2 months.
I think people often overlook the extent to which antiviotics have nervous system effects, so that I still feel uber-dof and weak and drowsy, but it is essential to kill off this infection completely. It seems that my previous surgeon should have continued the antibiotics at that time for far longer than the week / 10 days he did, and should have removed the infected plate and screws at the time. However, one can't work backwards in life !
I'm thinking of having the plate and screws which they kidnly returned to me, mounted as a trophy for my office wall.
H24 has been very good to me, and insisted that I must not hurry back to work, but I though today that I would gently pop in and see how things were getting on. The good folks at H24 also sent me the most enormous display of flowers I have ever seen, which greatly impressed Megamoggy. He has taken to lying on top of me whenever he gets the chance, to discourage me from disappearing again.
So, thanks for everyone's good wishes, and lets plough on with life !
By the way, did you hear any more from Sad Sack ? I hope she eventually cooled down and took our advice, and is now hapilly involved in counselling.