Question

GORD
From my understanding of GORD the ring like muscle opens and closes at the wrong times and this causes gastric reflux.Is there any abdominal exercises that can be done to sthrengthen this muscle in order for it to function properly and reduce reflux.I am a cronic patient on Pantroloc 40mg and Gaviscon Liquid but I am still experiencing an acid taste in the mouth despite eating all the correct foods.
Please help.

Dear Tony
I don't think that doing exercises with your voluntary muscles which you can control via the brain, will help to change the function of involuntary muscles like those in the oesophagus, which are not under the control of the central nervous system.