Question

GORD
My baby daugther was only diagnosed with GORD at the age of one. The doctor said her in a normal child the acid readings are 11 % my daughter's reading was 387 %. At the time of diagnoses she seemed fine. Because she was getting pneumonia and ear infection all the time she was admitted to hospital almost every month. So the doctor said she has probably grown out of it. But I somehow think she hasn't. Because she still vomits from time to time and she has bad breath. How can I be sure that she is 100 % fine. She will be two years old in June 2003.

Claudia, the best would be to take her to a paediatric gastroenterologist. They will have to do a pH mannometry (the test where they put those electrodes down her oesophagus) and maybe even a gastroscopy. Good luck.