Ask an expert

16 Mar 2007

I have read and done some research of my sitiation and i seem to be getting more gout attcks than when I was consuming alcohol and red meat than at present. I have found out that it is inherited from my father and would like to know what treatment should be on next as these attacks are to regular.What tests or procedure can be done to minmise these attacks. I have been to a doctor and had the injections and tablets but I need to suppress this now.
Answer 380 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Judge
You can take preventative medication for gout. Diet plays a role but in some people can't keep the attacks under control 100%.
Allopurinol is a well known medication you can try.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9269 votes
66% - 17873 votes