Question

Gout?
My husband has been suffering now for almost three weeks of pain.

He went to the doctor who diagnosed him with gout, gave him a shot and gave him some brufen and paracetomol and a prescription for a generic of minuric (which he was clear must not be drunken until the attack was over) He has drunken all the antinflammatories and been through 2 bottles of citrice soda but he still runs a fever ever night and can hardly walk.

I took him to a podiatrist today and all she has done is said he walks on his side of his foot and takes off on his big toe so she'll make him innersoles. I know thsi is true as his shoes wears down on the one side but i'm not sure if i'm on the wrong road in solving his pain and what to do.

We are not on a medical aid so it becomes expensive to just keep goig back to the doctor to tease my husband about having gout with no immediate relief from the pain.

Thank you
Foot expert

Lucille the fever at night is a concern for me as this is not in the picture of gout.
There may be an infection or another type of arthritis that causes night sweats (like rheumatoid arthritis).
I suggest you go back to either the dr or the pod and make a point about the night fever, some blood work is in order