Question

gout and post -open heart surgery
i have just had open heart surgery to by-pass multiple arteries(one week ago). probably caused by high cholestorel, hypertension, and the like. the physios have advised me to walk everyday.
however at present i have an acute attack of gout and from experience this will last qiute a few days.
can i take any anti-inflammatory drugs for this with my present condition?
predisone has worked very effectively for me in this past. is this safe to take?

Ish, it all depends on whether you’re on something to keep your blood from clotting or not. If you’re not, taking an anti-inflammatory and/or prednisone should be safe. The best would be to phone your specialist and ask him if it’s OK (he will probably also add something like colchicine to the mix). Good luck.