Ask an expert

26 Jul 2010

gp not helping
how do i get help if my gp isnt helping . i dont want to hurt myself or anyone else but it is getting difficult to control myself when the anger or helplessness takes over
Answer 324 views

01 Jan 0001

I gather you have discussed some problem with your current GP and find him/her not really helpful. OK, it happens. YOu can consider changing to a GP that you find easier to work wioth, but with serious problems of self-control, etc., this is FAR beyond what a GP is wualified to deal with, and so ask for an urgent referral to a psychologist for assessment and advice
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9270 votes
66% - 17927 votes