Question

Grapes
It is coming into summer and I absolutely love the summer fruits. Please tell me whether or not eating excessive amounts of grapes is detrimental to my waist line as I can go through a whole box (1.5kg) a week. Someone said I shouldn't eat more than a handful a day as they are high in sugar. If I eat grapes and a mango for lunch, is that not a healthy option as apposed to a sandwhich?

Dear Jacqui
Any food even fruit which is healthy can cause weight gain if eaten in excess. Grapes do have a high sugar content, but only contain 71 cal or 297 kJ per 100g, so you can certainly eat them in moderation and for your lunch, but if you eat such large quantities that you increase your total energy intake above your daily requirement, then they could cause weight gain.
Everything in moderation