Question

Green Tea really worth it?
I drink quite alot of green tea instead of coffee and tea. Everyone always says green tea has all these wonderful benefits, and is very good for weight loss? Is this true? i have been drinking green tea for many months now and dont feel any healthier and it certainly hasn't helped me shed weight. Please could you shed some light on this.
Many thanks

Dear Tania
Green tea does contain some compounds which appear to aid weight loss, but the research in this field is still in the early stages, so we will have to wait and see what comes to light. The antioxidant properties of green tea are healthy, but you can obtain the same benefit from drinking standard or rooibos tea. To lose weight you need to reduce your energy intake with a low-fat diet and increase your energy expenditure by doing exercise.