Question

Gymming
Hi there,

Thanks for all the advice you give here, keep up the good work. :-)

My actual question, I''ve just joined the gym, last night was the first night I went. I started with 20 minutes on the treadmill, starting with speed 3 and increasing every few minutes until I was up to 6 (sorry I don''t know what the speed is, km ph or what). Then I used the only three weight machines I figures out how to use, did 3 sets of 12 reps on the leg machine (the one where you use your thighs to pull the weights) and 3 sets on 10 reps on the machine where you pull the weights up and down with your arms). That one I did with my palms/hands facing both out and in. Then I used a machine that worked my chest area, having to push the weights out. So in all, I did four sets of weight exercises. Then I did 30 ''crunches'' using a machine where you have to pull the weights by pushing the bar with your upper body and slowing going back to the start (sitting up straight) position. I finished on the treadmill again, this time starting at speed 4 and increasing to a jog at speed 8 (which I did at 2 minute intervals, going to speed 5-6 during non jogging minutes). There were no instructers around, and of course if I had to ask them for a programme they charge. So I want to know if this is OK for now? I''ve put on 3kgs over the past month (new job, much longer hours, didn''t exercise for a month) and want to lose it. I''m 1.75m tall, weigh 58kgs. The body assessment the gym did showed my bmi at 19.5 but my body fat was high at 33.