Ask an expert

13 Dec 2005

gynaedoc around Pretoria or JHB
I went for pap smear two weeks back and my results came as abnormal so my doctor said I must go for colopscopy and biopsy. can anyone tell me how is this thing and how much does it cost. I am also looking for the gynaedoc in Pretoria. Pls help I'm desparate.
Answer 432 views

01 Jan 0001

The colposcopy involves looking at your cervix through a large telescope and taking a bite of the abnormal area. Not all gynaecologists are trained to do this, so I would suggest that you see whoever your doctor refers you to.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.