Question

Had Enough
I am married to the most caring man I could ever ask for. We love each other and are happily married. My problem in mother-in-law. She is a single parent and has been sinse hubby was 12yrs old. She picks fights with me over the smallest of issues and the past weekend I decided to confront her to find out what her issue is with me. She told me she does not want meetings and has nothing to say to me.

I asked her if she did not want me coming to her house anymore ? She told me it was all in my mind, but she was screaming and shouting which was not my idea of solving the issue. She asked me how she could love the whole world and not love her daughter-in-law and I told her that I am not feeling her love and thus does not believe that she loves me. She continued with her screaming and shouting until I stormed out in tears and told her that I cannot take it anymore and I am going to stay away. She then told me to take my things and go and that she did not care whether we came over or not, she repeated this statement so many times that I cannot see myself going back to visit anymore.

Can someone out there, please help me. I have tried everything to make things work for hubby's sake and have even been for counselling which helps me keep my sanity but everytime I feel I have taken two baby steps forward with my therapy, she takes me 10 giant steps back.

The bickering took place next to my 3 year old who asked me hours later why I was crying and what I was doing in granny's bedroom. That broke my heart even more.

What can I do??????

Doc, I know yu respond the fastest to other experts on thie side, please don't let me dow.

Your husband needs to do far more in this situation, to sort out whatever is actualyl troubling his mother, and to make it very clear to her that he will never accept her doing anything which is hurtful to you. Maybe he should join you in counselling, as family counselling.
And sorry for the day's delay in responding --- yesterday was my turn as patient, as I had to go for more X-rays and to see my surgeon, and EVERYONE delayed me more and more !