Question

Had sex now scared!
Doc I am in Taiwan(from South Africa)...and very scared!!! Doctors here are more difficult to talk to!! A week ago I had sex! First time in a year and second time overall!! I used a condom for ALL insertive sex! She touched my penis with her hands! Afterwards I took a shower and washed my groin well. I was on Levofloxacin (also Levaquin) (quinolone AB) at the time (400g once per day) and stayed on it for 6 more days! For a possible chest infection. On the medicine's website I read that they use it for Urinary tract infections aswell. Yesterday I noticed redness on my penis head. The TW Doctor said eczema (apparently common for men with foreskin having sex) and gave me Betametasone cream. My questions! Can I get infected with bacterial STD while on a AB like Levofloxacin? The same doctor prescribed the AB for the chest infection. Can it be a yeast infection? What are my chances for HIV? I am really scared out of my mind and Imagine that I have every single STD I read about it and Imagine alot of symptoms! Thanks for reading this!! I really hope you reply!!

Scared, you can get an STD (especially HIV) when you’re taking an antibiotic, but not when you’re using a condom. In you’re case I think you’re safe and you can stop worrying. It’s probably a reaction to the latex or at worst, a yeast infection. The best would be to get an antifungal cream and apply it for a week. If it doesn’t go away you will have to see a doctor again. Good luck.