Ask an expert

13 Aug 2007

had sex with a girl that sleeps around
my son had sex with a girl that is known to have slept around. He said he used a condom but he still insists on getting tested I'm not sure if he's telling me everything. Do I just take him to a doctor for a blood test and tell the the reason for the test? or do I have to go someplace just for that kind of testiong?
Answer 367 views
Teen expert
teen expert

01 Jan 0001

You can go to your family doctor who can do the test for him, and can also screen for other STI's

It would also be worth discussing with your son that he should give thought about who he has sexual relationships with and to always ensure he uses a condom.

You do not state how old your son is but the legal age for sex in RSA is 16 years old.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.