Question

Hair loss
Hi Doc. I have been suffering from hair loss for about 10 years now, I am now 31. I have tried everything: Diane35, Androcur, Minoxidil, Saw Palmetto, Niz Shampoo and vitamins. I suffer from stress, so my GP has now prescribed Lorien. I have had all the blood tests, and everything has come back as normal. I have noticed that when my hair falls out, it is thin and colourless at the root. Is this normal? What else could be causing my hair loss, as I lose about 200 hairs per day?

Worried lady, it’s difficult to determine the cause without having the results of the blood tests and being able to examine you. Maybe the best would be for you to mail me at netdoc@mweb.co.za so that I can mail you something I wrote on hair loss a while ago. Read it and let me know if you have more question (please post them as a new question otherwise I will miss it). Good luck.