Question

Hair loss
My hair keeps getting thinner and thinner and I don't know why, I lost a few pounds, but nothing drastic, I dye it and straighten it, would that have anything to do with it? How can I make my hair come back thicker?

Dear Kate
Hair loss can be due to the use of harsh chemicals and various medical conditions. It is, therefore, a good idea to consult a Dermatologist so that you can determine what is causing the hair loss. The prime nutritional cause of hair loss is iron-deficiency anaemia. The dr will test your blood to see if you are iron deficient and if so, will prescribe an iron-folic-acid supplement which you will have to use for 3 months or longer to replenish your body iron stores. Foods rich in iron include: liver, red meat, fish, poultry, egg yolk, dried fruit, and iron-fortified breakfast cereals and breads.