Question

Hair Loss - Tests Normal
Hi there
My hair has been coming out in hand-fulls for the past month or so. I am not stressed and there has been no significant change in my eating and I am not on medication. Luckily, I have thick hair, so it's not really noticeable yet, but it is thinning in places and I want to do something before it is noticeable.
I went to see a GP and my blood tests came back normal (thyroid, iron and full blood count). The GP has put my on a multi-vitamin, but this doesn't seem to be making much of a difference. Can you recommend anything please?

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

Unfortunately, there is no definate cure for hair loss if there is no pathological reason for it, i.e. thyroid levels etc. The only approved product for women to assist with hair loss, is Rogaine. This lotion is applied directly to the scalp and is available at Pharmacies.

Kind regards

Dr Anrich Burger