Ask an expert

15 Aug 2007

Hi Doc!

Please can you me????? i've been livinv with halitosis for a long time now and i'm too embarassed to see a doctor about. No matter what i eat, it makes it worse and brushing all the time doesn't help either. i chew bubble gum the entire day and this has also brought my confidence down as i can't go near people.

Can you prescribe something to get rid of the halitosis and if i were to go to a doctor, do i have to see a dentist or an ENT specialist?????

Thank you
Answer 347 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Anon
First a dentist to exclude any infection in the mouth and teeth. If all normal there, and you have symptoms of post nasal drip you can see an ENT specialist.
See also
Dr B
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9324 votes
67% - 18749 votes