Question

hand and shoulder pain
First notice a pain in shoulder about a month ago,then a day or so later hand became painful...to the point where it became difficult to grip,turn a key,drive and painfull to shake hands.GP reckoned its inflamation in shoulder(specifically hurts right on "knob' of shoulder when pressing on it and at times when lifting arm above head)...took Cataphlam D for a while which took all pain away,but it reoccured when meds ran out.Xrays of shoulder and neck revealed nothing abnormal...the ortopedic's diagnoses was rotater cuff sindrome...now taking Coxflam...thought things were improving but after not taking the med.for 2 days the pain is back....am I just being inpatient(it's been a month now) , does the pain in my hand come from inflamation in the shoulder(is it just nerves getting pinched?) or can the problem be in my hand? Most pain in hand comes from handshake action(ie.pressure on both narrow sides of hand ,pressing finger bones together).Anybody has any ideas and what can I do to speed up recovery?

Enough, it might be to a shoulder problem and then you might have to take the Coxflam® for up to three months. It might also be due to something in the wrist like carpal tunnel syndrome, but one would expect an orthopaedic surgeon to pick it up. The fact that the anti-inflammatories work seem to suggest that it isn’t due to something more nasty like an neurological problem. The best would be to hang in there, but if it becomes worse you should get a second opinion. Good luck.