Ask an expert

01 Mar 2009

hand fracture??

My husband is 35 yrs old. Last week he was physically attacked by some beggar and managed to fight back. He did punch the guy with his right hand a few times. His hand has ever since been swollen around the knuckles. He can move his hand but is in extreme pain when one touches the part, and when using that hand. Just yesterday after doing some activity with that hand he complained of spasms experienced in that hand.

Could it be that he has fractured his hand? Should he be seen by a doc?
Answer 348 views

01 Jan 0001

Thank you for visiting

I suggest that your husband has x-rays of his hand taken to exclude any fractures and to have his wounds evaluated by a GP for any infection.


Dr Anrich Burger
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9323 votes
67% - 18738 votes