Question

hand fracture??

My husband is 35 yrs old. Last week he was physically attacked by some beggar and managed to fight back. He did punch the guy with his right hand a few times. His hand has ever since been swollen around the knuckles. He can move his hand but is in extreme pain when one touches the part, and when using that hand. Just yesterday after doing some activity with that hand he complained of spasms experienced in that hand.

Could it be that he has fractured his hand? Should he be seen by a doc?

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I suggest that your husband has x-rays of his hand taken to exclude any fractures and to have his wounds evaluated by a GP for any infection.

Dr Anrich Burger