Question

harmless bouncing of the heart?
Dear Doctor,

I have been experiencing a very strange bouncing effect in my chest for the past 2-3 weeks. I was quite alarmed at first and have had an effortless as well as stress ECG done (as well as a sonar of the heart) all these test came back clear.

The cardiologist told me that these "extra beats" are completely harmless yet quite uncomfortable. I feel the "bouncing" all the time. Have you ever heard of such a "condition" and if so could this be dangerous at all? I have not had any pain, but feel quite short of breath and it feels like I need to burp quite often.

please help.

D, there is no reason to doubt the cardiologist. You probably suffer from artrial ectopic heartbeats and if the ECG and heart sonar showed nothing, there is nothing to worry about. If it causes you too much discomfort, you can ask the cardiologist to prescribe you a â-blocker. Good luck.