Ask an expert

17 Feb 2009

I don' t know if anyone could offer any (fact based) advice. My partner' s ex sent me a number of obscene and threatening sms' s. She was told that if she continued I would take out a protection order against her. The sms' s stopped for a month and a half. Then last week I received another series of sms' s but from a completely different number. I think that this number is a pre- paid sim that gets put into the phone while an sms is sent and then removed again as every time the number is dialled it goes straight through to voice mail. I want to find out who is sending these sms' s (after all it may nt be his ex). Do you know if a number can be traced if someone is using a pre- paid and just sends a sms and removes the sim immediately afterwards? Anyone with a police back ground? I have had enough of this nonsense!
Answer 414 views

01 Jan 0001

Go to court and get the protection order. And keep copies opf the messages and threaening SMS's you have been receiving.
Whatever's comments are ridiculous and mean --- but this is the same idiot who is still sulking because her bf lavished romantic pleasures on her but didn't buy her a rose ! She's a thorn in want of a rose. Ignore her.
Speak to your cell-phone provider for advice on the technology of tracing a call, and the police may be able to advise, too. And can'\t you change your number so she can't reach you, whoever it is ?
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9328 votes
67% - 18819 votes