Question

have a phobia of needles
HI

I have to go for a blood test and i'm petrified of needles, I cannot even look at one without passing out...

Has anyone got a similar phobia and how do you overcome it?

Any advice would be great, i'm prepared to try just about anything

Too good news is that this form of very specific phobia responds beautifully to treatment --- I once treated one of my medical students with needle phobia, and he went on to become a plastic surgeon.
CBT or the earlier form of Behaviour Therapy works well, and fairly rapidly, to unlearn this inappropriate and inconvenient phobia and fear. And between you you raise an important point about phobias --- they are not rational, its not pain you fear but some aspect of the iDEA of needles, and that's what can be fairly easily got rid of. Usually, we never know WHY this situation arose, and fortunately we never need to know that --- you can lose the fear without ever having to understand it in the traditional way.