Question

Hay fever - or Not?

I have this problem that comes and goes. Here are the symptoms:

Starts with throat irritation - as if there's some dripping at the back of my throat. Then I have to cough very hard to get rid of it. Nose runs(usually one side at a time), eyes water(also one side, same side as nose), i sneeze like crazy. The whole process feels like im choking. Believe me everyone around me is aware when it happens, and that's like +6 times a day. Nights are a nightmare, no sleep at all.

My GP said it was allergy(hay fever), gave me nasal spray and allecet. I'm not so convinced its only hay fever. What's with the coughing ?

Its really terrible doc. As i write now, it is better, but i know it will come back. My throat is so sore right now and my chest also from all that coughing.

Please advise.

Dear Nur,
It could be an allergy but also a chronic sinusitis - ask your GP to send you to an ENT specialist for examination and treatment.