Question

HCG DIet, Oral Supplements, Injections,
Does anyone know any real information on HCG? I saw a commercial and I have been doing some research, but I am not sure if it really works or if it is safe?

Dear Steve
I presume that you are referring to Human Chorionic Gonadotropin? If so, I would be cautious to use a growth factor in adulthood. HCG is required in children to promote growth, but its effects in adults and general safety are unclear. If you want to lose weight, rather stick to an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life).