Question

headache
I have a sudden headache that started three weeks ago, and has not increased or decreased in intensity. It is not very painful, but more annoying. There are no other symtoms such as dizyness or nausea etc. Speach and thought process not changed.

The pain is just below my right ear, and about 5 cm towards the back of my head (rought half way between the bottom of my ear and the middle of teh back of my neck

I am 55 year ol male and exercise regularly (run up to 20 km on a weekend, and 10 kn twice during the week) I am on Ziak and Amloc (5 mg of each) for hypertension (130/90)

What are the various posibilities of the causes ?
What other symtoms should I be aware of ?

Jim

The cause for your pain and discomfort sounds more like cervical muscle spasm and I suggest that you consult a physiotherapist for the treatment of muscle spasm. In the interim, you can Myprodol, two capsules, three times daily for at least 7 days, in combination with Robaxin 750mg, two tablets, six hourly for two days and thereafter, two tablets twice daily for another 5 days.

If the headache persists and there is no relief, you should consult your doctor.