Question

Headache/Sinus
Hi Doc, I posted a question a week or so ago. I have been suffering with a headache which feels like pressure on the top or back left hand side of my head. The GP put it down to chronic sinus and gave me Augmentin SR, Claratine and Flagyl. My antibiotics finish in 2 days and I still feel exactly the same. What is the next step? What could the problem be?

Mal, the antibiotics will only work if the cause of the sinusitis is indeed an infection. Your GP was clever and tried to cover for allergies too by adding an antihistamine (Clarityne®) to the mix. This now seems to suggest that it isn’t due to sinusitis and that further investigations need to be done. You can of course try taking a combination of a painkiller and an anti-inflammatory just in case it is due to a tension type headache. Good luck.