Question

02 Apr 2007

health snacks
please help me i have just started on herbal life diet programe. could you please tell me what do you recommend to eat as healthy snacks in between meals ( i do get a bit hungry) but dnt know on what to snack that is healthy. i sometimes snack on carrots but i find thats not enough.

your response is very welcome

thank you

liz

Dear Liz
To lose weight you can stick to snacks made up of the so-called 'free foods' that have a very low energy content: carrot, cucumber or celery sticks, baby tomatoes, berries, Kiwi fruit, pawpaw, gherkins, etc. If you still feel hungry, try chewing sugar-less chewing gum because research indicates that chewing something that taste sweet, causes satiation even if the item has no energy content. Unbuttered popcorn contains 1908 kJ/100g (454 cal/100g) so use it in moderation.
Hope this helps