Question

29 Sep 2009

hearburn only relieved by lying down
What on earth do I have? I have heartburn several times a week, not from overeating - I' m slim and healthy, it just starts sometime in the morning and goes on to the afternoon - and is ONLY EVER relived by lying down flat, no antacids gascon etc - ONLY lying down works...what could be wrong with me? Obviously I should go get checked out by a gastro doc, but upon waiaitng for the appointment, I' d like to know if this screams out anything in particular?

Nicky

I am not sure why your heartburn is alleviated when lying down and I therefore, suggest that you consult a gastroenterologist for a gastroscopy to determine the cause for your heartburn.

Dr Anrich Burger