Question

Heart Block
I had, according to the doctor I had I second degree heart block. It all happened last week Thursday morning just after I had my regular Gym session. My Gym session is of high impact and twice a day. I was in hospital for two days. I got such a fright I don’t think I want to go back to the Gym again. I know it is not the answer but that is how I feel. I am 47 weight is 80kg and practice really hard. My hard rate at rest is below 60. I am not a professional athlete I just like to keep myself in shape. My main sport is mountain biking. My question is what can I do to prevent it.

Thank you
André

Andre, the best would be to see a cardiologist and have a stress ECG done. He will be able to tell you how severe the heart block is and if treatment is necessary. If treatment is necessary you will have to take a tablet every day, but there is no reason to stop gyming. Good luck.