Ask an expert

02 Nov 2006

Heart desease
I would like to know,my husband is 33 years old weighs about 96kg.His father died of a heartn attack at 45 years of age.My husband is a drinker and a smoker and now lately he has been complaing of chest and last night he had some pains in the right side of his chest.Last time the doctor told us it is called minor heart attacks.What does this mean for my husband
Answer 382 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Naomi
You can't get a minor heart attack just as you can't get a minor pregnancy - he probably gets angina, which means that the bloodvessels to the heart may be narrowed. It means he can get a real heart attack if you don't do something soon - he needs to change his lifestyle and get medication for the current problems. Best to see a physician.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9320 votes
67% - 18601 votes