Question

heart disease
Doc, I am a new woman now. Had a hysterectomy 2 weeks ago and I will admit I do feel better. I have started excercising . I walk around the track for 1 1/2 hours a day because I am extremely afraid of heart disease. My dad had a heart attack and now I ' ve heard women are dying of heart disease these days. Could you give me some tips of how to escape this feeling of fatigue. I force myself to walk, and it is not easy at all. I am really very tired and weak since this operation. Should I be eating a certain food or something

Dear Munchie
Please stop doing all this exercise so soon after such a big op. You may harm the healing process and do other damage. Wait for 6 weeks, then ask the gynae who did the op if you are allowed to do exercise and what type. When you are fully recovered going for those long walks will be excellent for controlling blood fat levels and weight, but right now you need to rest and recover. There will be time enough later to concentrate on exercise. Also have your blood fat levels tested to see if you are at risk of high blood fat levels, if so we can have a look at a low-fat diet.
Take it easy