Question

Heart murmurs

Just want to know what an injection murmer is please. Common under children and usually rectifies at age 12?

Thanks a lot
ADD Mom
HeartDoc

Dear ADD Mom,

I think you probably mean an ejection murmur. All this means is that the murmur is audible when the heart ejects its blood across the valve. I can’t say much more than that based on what you have written.

Please write in again and tell me which heart valve had been found to have this murmur, and other information you have, so that I can try to give you a better idea about this. There are some murmurs which are regarded as innocent, but not can be predicted to disappear at a certain age. Your child should be seen by a specialist paediatric cardiologist : if s/he reassures you that all is well, then rest assured.

Awaiting your next contact.

HeartDoc