Ask an expert

25 Feb 2003

Heart Palpitations
I need to see a sports doc. I am getting heart palpitations and feeling that even mild exercise is too much for me currently although I consider myself fit! Please advise of a good sports doc in JHB preferably Northern Suberbs or Edenvale area where I work
Answer 342 views

01 Jan 0001

Julie, I think you would do better by seeing a cardiologist than a sport doctor. I practice in Pretoria and don’t really know the people in Jhb. The best would be to contact the sports institution at RAU or WITS and find out from them. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9270 votes
66% - 17922 votes