Question

heart rate
I jog at gym most days for between 40 and 100 minutes my heart rate is anywhere from 88% to 99% according to my heart rate monitor my heart rate averages about 165 to 180 per min.Is this bad.I am 35 years old.
HeartDoc

Dear Phil,

This does exceed the recommended parameters. However, if you are fit and well and have no symptoms during your exercise, then your heart would seem to be coping with this extreme load.

If you want more information, I suggest that you contact the sports science institute at UCT. The doctors there are far more geared to the specialist field of exercise physiology.

HeartDoc.