Question

Heartburn
Dear doc,

I''m really concerned. I have recently put on a lot of weight +/- 10kgs (height 1.68m and weight 80kgs)and am now in the overweight category. With this weight gain, I experience severe heartburn. Sometimes its heartburn followed by a burning sensation throoughout my chest and pain under my ribcage. I am trying desperately hard to lose this weight in a hope of relieving these symptoms. My concern is could this be a hernia. I am worried about that

Anne
Cyberdoc

Hallo Anne
The only way to confirm a hernia is to have a gastroscopy ( scope of the esophagus) done by a gastroenterologist. You may need to take an acid supressing medication like Nexiam, so please speak to your doctor?