Question

heavier!!
I'm feeling a bit dispondent. I have upped my gym training to five days a week. Strength training for twice a week and cardio about 4 times. I am 1.58m - I weighed myself ( currentlly at 57.8kg...uuuuugh; and have picked up about 1kg in the last week. I am also menstruating. Could this be a reason or sho uld I seriously relook my diet

Dear Tofsy
Please stop stressing, Your present BMI = 23 which is pretty close to ideal for a woman. Weight fluctuations of up to 3 kg can occur on a daily basis and can be due to what part of the menstrual cycle you are in, water retention, additional muscle growth, stress, etc. Muscle tissue ironically weighs more than fat tissue, so your extra strength training could be growing your muscles and this could account for the slight increase. To prevent yourself from getting too upset by daily weight fluctuations, only weigh yourself once a week and also take your vital measurements to see if you are firming up (losing cm) which is also an indication of fat loss.