Question

Heavy Bleeding
Hello. I had my second child by caesaean on the 3/02. I am on the pill, the one that is safe for breastfeeding, which I was told to start 14 days after the birth. I have stopped breastfeeding and am still on the pill until my 6 week check up. On the 5/03 I started what I thought was a period, however it is very heavy, and there are lots of blood clots, I am back to using maternity pads to keep up with the heavy flow. It seems to come very heavy when I stand for a while, at night it subsides again. Do you think there is a problem, or is it just a heavy period, pre-pregnancy my periods were quite light and very regular. Should I wait until my six week check up on the 17/03, or see my gynae earlier?? I have also have bad cramps, and then a heavy flow of blood. Please advise asap. Thank you

It sounds normal. If the bleeding stops after the usual length of time - four or five days, then it would be fine to wait till your check -up. If it persists, you may have to see your doctor earlier.