Ask an expert

13 Jan 2005

Heavy periods for prolonged periods of time<br>
I have hade my periods for about 2 to 3 months with jut a day or so in between. I get ocassional pains in the lower abdomen. Sometimes my period is a darker almost brownish colour. I am realy worried. Please Help
Answer 341 views

01 Jan 0001

You need to see a gynaecologist. There could beb a problem with the uterus or cervix.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9269 votes
66% - 17895 votes